1. The Abbott Collection: Paintings of the U.S. Navy Submarine Fleet. 26 pages of drawings by artists Thomas Benton and Georges Schreiber, most of the drawings are DORADO.
2. Booklet handed out at the Dedication Ceremony of the USS DORADO Memorial, Wichita, KS.
3. "Field Reference to Sunken U-Boats" by Henry Keatts
4. "Dive Into History. Volume 2: U.S. Submarines" by Henry Keatts and George Farr.
5. "Cruising Guide to Belize and Mexico’s Caribbean Coast" by Freda Rauscher
6. Fodor’s "Cancun, Cozumel, Yucatan Peninsula" Guidebook.
7. "Axis Submarine Successes, 1939-1945" by Jurgen Rohwer. Used to find what U-boats cruised in the Caribbean during the World War II.
8. "A Directory of U.S. Government Depository Libraries," Government Printing Office, October 1990
9. Time-Life series: "War Under The Pacific." Used to learn more about life onboard a WWII diesel submarine.
10. "Fleet Submarines of World War II" by Thomas F. Walkowiak. A pictorial history of U.S. Fleet subs, helpful because of the silhouettes shown of the various types.
11. Subs in Action" by Robert C. Stern. A Squadron/Signal publication. DORADO mentioned on pp. 34-35.
12. "Guide to Naval and Nautical Museums," a Sea Classics magazine Special 20th Anniversary Issue dtd Jan/Feb 1987. Lists all the submarines on display.
13. Pamphlet entitled, "Submarine Sanctuaries Bombing and Attack Restrictions 1943."
14. "The U-Boat War in the Caribbean" by Gaylord Kelshall