Maps and Charts
1. Pilot Charts of the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. These charts depict current strengths and current direction by month. Used by ocean engineer to determine drift of submarine and where most likely ran aground.
2. Copy of 1935 Quintana Roo map from the National Archives Map Services Group, Alexandria, VA; 1:1,000,000 scale. Used for overlay purposes to see how shoreline has changed.
3. Original 1938 Air Navigation Chart (Merida No. F-16 South) used in 1972 by Bob Woll to fly routes along Caribbean coast of Mexico and Belize (British Honduras).
4. Original 1938 Air Navigation Chart (Belize No. E-16 North and South) used in 1972 by Bob Woll to fly routes along Caribbean coast of Mexico and Belize (British Honduras).
5. Original Tactical Pilotage Chart (TPC) J-25C covering Belize, Guatamala, Honduras and Mexico, 1:500,000 scale.
6. Original Tactical Pilotage Chart (TPC) J-25B covering Cuba and Mexico, 1:500,000 scale.
7. Original General Navigational Chart (GNC) No. 9 of Caribbean side of Mexico, 1:500,000 scale.
8. Hand-drawn nautical chart of most likely area of submarine wreck, hand-drawn by Doug Campbell from several sources.
9. Original OMEGA chart of Gulf of Mexico (INT 401); 1:2,750,000 scale.
10. Original OMEGA chart of Caribbean Sea (INT 402); 1:2,750,000 scale.
11. Original LORAN C chart No. 28190 from Ambergris Cay to Cozumel; 1:300,000 scale.
12. "Map of Yucatan and the Mayan World"
13. DoD Flight Information Publication, Enroute Low Altitude Caribbean and South America, 1991
14. DoD Flight Information Publication, Area Charts, Caribbean and South America, 1991
15. World Aeronautical Chart CJ-25; 1:1,000,000 scale, of Yucatan Peninsula, January 1988.
16. ONC Chart J-25 of Yucatan Peninsula; 1:1,000,000 scale
17. Karibik Caraiben map series No. 322; 1:3,000,000 scale covers entire Caribbean Sea.
18. Chart showing track USS DORADO would have followed if adhering to Operation Order 150-43 prepared by office of Combat Intelligence, TENTH Fleet.
19. Chart showing plotted route through points indicated to be adhered to in Operation Order 150-43 prepared by Combat Intelligence, TENTH Fleet.
20. Chart showing relative positions of Convoy GAT-92 and USS DORADO on 13 October 1943 prepared by CominCh Convoy and Routing Section, TENTH Fleet.